Все больше давно работающих на строительном рынке компанийMore and more companies operating in the construction market are now faced with a difficult question: is it necessary and why to convert drawings from 2D to 3D? Thinking about this question is quite understandable: converting 2D drawings into 3D is a serious work that requires resources - both time and money. Corresponding competencies are also required - the more complex the drawings, the higher qualifications are needed.
There are many reasons to convert 2D to 3D drawings. The most significant of them are:
- data in paper is outdated, 2D drawings, as a rule, exist in paper version;
- 2D data can be used less often in the future - for example, during renovation, in new projects of the same type, in the marketing and sales of apartments or during the operation of buildings;
- the use of 2D drawings is becoming less and less efficient;
- regulators and supervisors are increasingly demanding projects in the form of a BIM model, rather than two-dimensional drawings - and this trend will only intensify over time.
This, of course, is not all the reasons to think about the time to move from 2D to 3D, but these are quite weighty.
How to make 3D from 2D drawing?
There are two main courses of action:
- Можно делать перевод из 2D в 3You can convert 2D to 3D on your own. There are solutions for this - for example, in the Autodesk line, AutoCAD is used for this in combination with Inventor, etc.
- Find a partner to do the job.
Which way to go, everyone chooses for himself. But remember: the 2D to 3D conversion process is complex and requires high qualifications. For example, with a competent approach to solving this problem, you need to check the drawings for collisions and errors. The requirements for the level of detail for a 2D model and a 3D model may be different, which will require additional elaboration of the drawings. So, if it is necessary to achieve correctness of the models, you have to spend both time and effort.
IM Consult specialists have extensive experience in converting drawings from 2D to 3D, and we will be happy to help your company solve this problem.