The use of BIM technologies allows to increase the speed of project development and increase the efficiency of management of all stages of the life cycle of a building or structure. BIM helps coordinate interaction between all project participants, providing a single digital environment for interaction, minimizes the likelihood of collisions at all stages of design and construction. It allows you to increase the transparency of the project, provides all participants with a clear understanding of what materials were used at what stage, what their cost, etc.
BIM as a plus
BIM technologies are useful for both design institutes and construction organizations. Let's consider both of these options.
Benefits of BIM technologies for design institutes
From January 1, 2022, it is mandatory to use BIM at state order objects. Back on March 5, 2021, Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin signed Decree of the Government of Russia No. 331 on the introduction of the mandatory use of information modeling technologies (TIM is the domestic name for BIM) at state order objects. In fact, already now the leading design organizations are using or are ready to apply BIM in their work, so that TIM is becoming a must-have in the work of design institutes.
TIM provide the following benefits for design institutes and their customers:
- unification of the design and working documentation development process;
- standardization of design work;
- design automation, the possibility of large-scale automation of the company's internal processes;
- effective use of developments in previous design solutions;
- improving the quality of documentation development, minimizing the human factor;
- effective collaboration in ODS (shared data environment).
Benefits of BIM for Construction Organizations
Leading construction companies are already using BIM. Like design institutes, many of them approached January 1, 2022 in a state of readiness to apply BIM technologies. Let us remind you that according to the Decree of the Government of Russia No. 331, from the beginning of 2022 the use of BIM is mandatory for state projects.
Benefits of BIConstruction organizations can benefit from the following BIM benefits:
- elaboration of several options for design solutions at the initial design stage;
- cost control, accurate calculation of the scope of work, cost management, reduction of financial risks;
- effective facility planning using 4D information modeling tools;
- visual presentation of the project to the customer;
- minimizing errors and collisions, improving the interaction of all project participants;
- effective facility management at all stages of its life cycle from design to decommissioning.
Why IM Consult?
IM Consult is one of the leading experts in the implementation and application of BIM-modeling of objects for various purposes: civil, industrial, residential, linear, etc. In the practice of IM Consult - successfully implemented projects at different stages of design and the development of models of varying degrees of detail (LOD 100 - 500). Our staff includes certified specialists with extensive experience in implementing BIM projects in various industries, including for government orders. In addition, the experts of IM Consult have a successful experience of passing the state examination with a BIM model.